[chuck-users] Guile C++ wrap

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 09:01:45 EDT 2010

On 22 March 2010 10:31, Hans Aberg <haberg-1 at telia.com> wrote:

> I started to write a bit on a Guile C++ wrap*), and it strike me it may
> give some inputs on the discussion on giving ChucK functional language
> capabilities.

Isn't Guile a Scheme dialect/implementation? I'm starting to really like
some of Scheme's tricks. I thought about writing some utility functions for
ChucK inspired by it, like the anonymous -in line- "if". I really like that
one. Sadly that won't currently fly in any sensible way due to the
type-system, while we could actually make sure during parsing/compilation
that this particular "if" will return values of the appropriate type and
wouldn't need to wait for runtime muck-ups.

Mind you, I'm not sure this sort of stunt would be a good idea at all, but I
could see how it would at least be possible.

We should be careful about chucking out the baby because we want to add new
bathwater.