[chuck-users] Guile C++ wrap

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 10:07:55 EDT 2010

One of the main things that I like about Scheme is the REPL.

It struck me that the original plan for chuck --shell isn't completely
unlike a REPL in how interaction might work for performance or rapid
prototyping. We have some framework for that, in that our parser, compiler
and VM all live in the same memory space so if we would want to update some
function foo() the system should be able to find what bytecode was generated
from the original foo() and replace that with the new one.

Sadly that idea hasn't received much attention in recent days, but in the
Bad Old Days it was treated as rather central to ChucK.

Personally I'm more interested in the method of interaction than in the
exact language used for it; I'd rather look into that stuff than into a more
functional (in the CS sense of the word) syntax as such.