[chuck-users] minimizing load time for tons of audio

William Nye_COMCAST nye22 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 17:07:59 EDT 2010

The command-line gui-free approach can be done in Windows also,
using DSrender.exe, which "plays" almost any kind of media.
Oops, I've been using that for so long I forgot that it didn't
come with Windows but was instead a sample app from a
book that I read:
  http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/6381.aspx
I don't know how good an idea this is but I can zip up the 164Kb
executable and mail to anyone to try.  -Bill