[chuck-users] chuck for live performance

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:08:34 EDT 2010

On 18 May 2010 18:47, Michael Heuer

> I will make the argument that it would be difficult to implement all
> of what you wish to do in ChucK directly, rather you will most likely
> end up with a hodge-podge of software tied together by JACK (or a
> similar audio routing tech) and MIDI and/or OSC for control change
> communication.

Aside from how any non-trivial code demands that we consider structure, and
how creating a instrument means thinking hard about our own artistic
perspectives (both of which are hard, even if good end-results typically
look like it's easy) I don't really see what would be very difficult here
for ChucK as a system.

I feel everything mentioned *should* be possible so if there turn out to be
real issues we might need to look at them together and see what the issue
is.

As I see it the hardest part here will likely be the interface. "real"
loopers are so nice partially because they are so simple. That presents real
challenges for a "advanced looper". Maybe you for see other issues?