[chuck-users] chuck for live performance

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Tue May 18 14:09:21 EDT 2010

I've use ChucK a lot for recording my guitar and then do stuff with it,
controlled by a Roland PK-5A (an organ-style pedal MIDI controller). It
works great! Ive used LiSa for this. If working with organ bass pedals feels
strange I've heard good stuff about the Behringer FCB1010.

My view is that you don't need anything besides ChucK to get this to work -
in fact, other stuff would only get in the way. But that's just me. (Granted
I've done this sort of thing on the NMG2 as well, but I didn't mix it with
ChucK - I use one instrument at a time).

For particular issues with LiSa or other things, do a post and quite
probably me or someone else can help out (I think electro-music.com is
better for that kind of stuff, though this mailing list also works I guess).
One thing I struggled with (possibly only a problem on the MOTU units) was
getting the right input in to ChucK.

/Stefan

2010/5/18 mike clemow <michaelclemow at gmail.com>

> I've always used the comments at the end of the file
> examples/special/readme-LiSa2.ck as an LiSa Ugen API reference, although I
> think that there are still many undocumented "features" of LiSa.  I'd love
> to have a basic example for this--all our LiSa examples do granular munging,
> which is only one trick in the canon (and the least basic one at that).  I'd
> be glad to add my $0.02 to a basic example of a rather under-used Ugen.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>
> 2010/5/18 Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>
>

>>> I've never been able to grok LiSa -- the doc and examples leave me
>>> confused.  Maybe could someone write up an example that demonstrates
>>> the basic Echoplex use case?
>>>

>> We lack a example like that? That's a issue, imho. We need something like
>> that in the examples dir; it'd be useful and aside from the literal working
>> demonstrate a example of how we can integrate ChucK in (electro) acoustical
>> setups.
>>
>> I'll make one this week, remind me if I slack on this. I "need" one anyway
>> as I've been meaning to get into the electric guitar that I got out of a
>> bass-player's trash when he was moving :-)
>>
>> Yours,
>> Kas.

> --
> http://michaelclemow.com
> http://semiotech.org

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!