[chuck-users] Audio Scrubbing???

Brutus Gates brutusgates at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:29:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I don't think "audio scrubbing" is the correct technical term for what
I want to do... Maybe someone can suggest a better term?

Here's what I want to do:

I want to be able to move through a sound file along the time (or
sample) "axis" while maintaining the pitch of the original. Here's how
I think I would do it:

The rate at which I am "scrubbing" through the sound file (using a
wacom tablet for example) would be mySampleRate. I would then pitch
shift by a factor of: originalSampleRate/mySampleRate

Of course the devil is in the details... If anyone has a link to math
or code that could help me that would be great... Or better yet, maybe
Chuck has some UGens that can make this easier...