[chuck-users] Flush ChucK IO

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:49:07 EDT 2010

> Tom;
>

> A different question I now have is, how do I convert a float to a string?
> Haven’t been able to find this in the documentation/examples… :(

Strangely casting doesn't work (I feel it should). This works though;

3 => float foo;

string bar;

foo +=> bar;

<<<bar>>>;

That's more or less a implicit cast.

We can also make it a bit nicer and create a function that you could use
inside of the creation of your OSC messages;

//Float TO String converter

fun string ftos(float arg)
    {
    string bar;
    arg +=> bar;
    return bar;
    }

//trivial test
<<<ftos( 123.45 ) >>>;

I still feel the lack of a real cast for this is a missing feature though.
And I'd like to be able to overload the cast operation.