[chuck-users] Filters blowing up: any news?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:59:09 EDT 2010

Tom;

My favorite recent blow-up happens when you tweak StifKarp's sustain
> too much. I use speakers not powerful enough to kill me, and I have to
> say, StifKarp sounds way cooler when it's broken than when it's
> working.

I had interesting results tweaking the excitement position of some of the
physical models through a joypad's tilt-sensor. Vigorous shaking would
result in drones, provided a note was already playing (though
not necessarily being struck) ... Those don't always lead to clipping
(immediately). Not sure what's up there, but apparently this injects some
energy into the system somehow.