[chuck-users] Hello, some newbie questions

Mat Schaffer mat at schaffer.me
Tue Oct 5 13:04:01 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Michael Heuer <heuermh at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, you have to determine the dependencies and dependency order by
> hand.  This is my number one feature request, to have a proper
> namespace and import mechanism.

Any idea if this is getting worked on? It seems like ChucK development is a
little slow judging from the dev mailing list traffic.

Only public classes are shared.  You can add static fields & methods
> to public classes.

Where's the deference for how to define static fields? Can you have static
methods too? That might be good enough.

> > - Is there a way to pass functions as arguments to another function or
> > return a function? Also, are fun's proper closures or am I just getting
> > lucky? I was thinking maybe I could use functional style programming to
> > build things like arpeggiations. If this is totally overkill let me know
> :)
>
> No.  As you may have seen, LiCK uses functors to approximate function
> arguments/closures.  Feature request #2.  :)

Yeah, is there an example somewhere on how to use those? The `Object @
default` makes no sense to me :)

Welcome!

Thank you! And thanks for your answers!