[chuck-users] chuck + jack multiple outputs

Thomas Girod girodt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:10:59 EDT 2010

hello there

I would like to run chuck with more than two outputs in jack (linux).
To do so, I'm using the following command:

> chuck --loop --out8

unfortunately, this command fails with:

> [chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for given stream parameters:
> ... RtApiJack: the Jack server does not support requested channels!

it looks like chuck automatically connects to the soundcard inputs and
outputs - and if there are not enough I/O ports on the soundcard, it
fails.

Is there a way to start chuck without connecting inputs and outputs ?

tom