[chuck-users] Conversion from ASCII number to string letter

Andrew C. Smith andrewchristophersmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 14:18:44 EDT 2010

Hey list,

Is there a way to convert from a number to a string letter? Here's what I want:

97 => int number;
<<< Std.SOMETHING(number) >>>;

// console reads: "a"

I know that I could create some function in chuck that just returns the ascii string value for all 128 possible numbers...but I don't especially want to.

As some background, I'm hacking chuck to get the string.ch(int) method to work, in order to read in some form of notation that's not hard-wired into the code. Let me know if there's an easy way to make this work. Thanks.

-Andrew