[chuck-users] Moaning&Whining => ChucK is too short, ChucK lacks features

Bastian Schumacher bastian.schumacher at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 5 12:25:58 EDT 2010

For the "ChucK lacks features that Java has" part one can use Java &
ChucK side by side. Or just use C++ and nothing else. Or write your
own (and don´t forget to include all those features you requested -
even if they require years of full time work by large development teams)

Concerning the name there is an island that needs a new name much more
urgently: When typing Java into Google something else than the island
is found first! We really should start a petition. First we must
rename the island because typing "Java island" is too much work.
Second we must rename ChucK because typing "ChucK language" or "ChucK
audio" is too much work.

Basti