[chuck-users] How to get better-sounding instruments?

Tambet qtvali at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 05:20:38 EDT 2010

2010/9/11 Andrew C. Smith <andrewchristophersmith at gmail.com>

> As it seems that chuck doesn't do what you want it to do, and probably
> won't in the foreseeable future, I'd suggest just downloading PD rather than
> begin to learn a programming language that doesn't natively support external
> synths.

I already know most of the language - what I learn right now is the actual
use of UGens and what I will do next is learning UAnae.

Most people, I think, use chuck because they want to build their own synths
> from the ground up. If you want some tips on particular sounds, maybe check
> out the electro-music forums for sample code.

I do, but basically I think that typical ones should be reusably there.

Also, I would like to do some fast-start.

I am looking into compiling Faust into ChucK, which seems to be best to my
processor usage. Anyway, it presumes learning faust :)

-Andrew