[chuck-users] How to get better-sounding instruments?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:24:12 EDT 2010

2010/9/11 Tambet <qtvali at gmail.com>

> To explain my situation:
>
> <snip>

> To explain, what I miss and lack:
> * Drums.

<snip>

I agree. We could really use a decent percussion-synth UGen or two.

*Nothing makes synthesis as appealing to new students like percussion
synthesis.
*Some livecoding organisations and people frown on loading external material
like samples
*Everyone likes Roland X0X-style sounds, secretly or not. It's -in my
experience- a rare computer-music researcher who won't admit to a fondness
for solid house tracks after a beer or two (research yet unpublished,
performed by the author in the hallways of STEIM and various other
organisations. Waiting for grants for more beer to continue this research).