[chuck-users] wiimote hacks? GameTrak by Mad Catz is pretty cool...

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:20:43 EDT 2011

[David: I'm adding chuck-users to the To: list -- hope you don't mind]

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 16:55, David Loberg Code <d.loberg.code at wmich.edu>wrote:

> Any further advice on gametrak hacks?  I found this DIY.
> http://x37v.com/x37v/writing/mad-catz-gametrak-mod-for-maxmsp/
>  Does it have to be a specific version of the gametrak?  (i.e., gametrak
> for x-box, gametrak for pc, etc.)
> thanks,
> david

I think that mod will work with "nearly any" GameTrak you can get your hands
on, but I won't promise it.  All I know is that I bought a Game Trak for $10
on Amazon, made the mod, and it worked on the first try.

FWIW, the source code I just pushed to github has a bunch of GameTrak
specific code, including a "raw MIDI to event" driver, a sensible filter (so
your code doesn't get flooded with spurious updates), and a "pluck detector"
(you can pluck on the monofilament to generate an event).  Relevant files
are "game_trak_*" in

   https://github.com/rdpoor/chuck_performance_setup/tree/master/lib

- Rob