[chuck-users] need help installing chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 02:37:39 EDT 2011

2011/8/1 SA NALEWALKE <hybridmoments227 at verizon.net>

> soooo... is there anyway i could be able to get in touch with someone who
> could help me get chuck working correctly?

Yes, a little bit of patience. In my time-zone it's 8:30 am on a Monday
morning.

> ive been interested to try out chuck as a programming language for my
> monome, but i seem to be having some difficulties with the installation.  im
> on a macbook pro 10.6.8 btw.  i downloaded the chuck executable as well as
> miniaudical.  i opened up the chuck executable which opened up a chuck
> folder with a bunch of things in it, and i stored them both in my
> applications folder.  in the chuck manual, theres a section i included in an
> attachment that talks about replacing the x's with the actual "directory
> name".  what is a "directory name" and how do i find out what my directory
> name is?  id really like to get this going, thanks in advance for any help!
>  hopefully i ll be chucking soon.

"Directory" is just a different name for what you call a "folder", so; the
x-es here will be the version name. The step mentioned there is needed to
get the chuck executable in your computer's "path" so we can run in from the
terminal.