[chuck-users] Open call: Handmade Music Amsterdam

Jonathan Reus reusjc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:41 EDT 2011

Dear ChucKists,
For those of you in the Netherlands or Europe around the end of September,
please see the open call below. It would be wonderful if some of you could
come out and show off your ChucK-driven instruments! The open call is also
available online here:
http://patternsandpleasure.steim.org/2011/08/26/handmand-music/

Hope to see you there.
Best,
Jonathan

*/*// Open Call: Handmade Music Amsterdam
*
*As part of the Patterns + Pleasure Festival
http://www.patternsandpleasure.com/
STEIM will host Handmade Music, Amsterdam on 28 September 2011
14:30 - 17:30
Frascati Theater, Amsterdam
Submission Deadline: Tuesday 9 September 2011
Hosted by createdigitalmusic.com and STEIM; curated by Peter KIRN withTakuro
Mizuta Lippit
*
*Attention, makers of things that make music!*
Be part of an open laboratory, a science fair-style show and tell of work.
We want to see your creations, including but not limited to:

   - Custom circuitry
   - New custom synthesizers
   - Creative controllers
   - Open source hardware and software
   - Audiovisual software
   - Original acoustic and electroacoustic instruments
   - Sound art/sculpture
   - Circuit-bent designs
   - Instruments and composition and performance tools made with game
   technology, mobile technology, Kinect cameras, and the like

The essential element is that you've built something yourself, in hardware,
software, or both.
Please be prepared to show a self-contained presentation of your work. Some
display/projection and amplification will be available, but we encourage you
to bring your own displays and speakers if you can.

We will setup works for show-and-tell style exploration, as well as brief
(5-minute demos) and short (5-10-minute), variety style performances and
jams. We'll also lead a discussion with artists and engineers, and encourage
you to meet other makers and exchange ideas and techniques.

We are unfortunately unable to provide expenses for travel, so you will need
to provide your own transportation to and lodging in Amsterdam. All projects
will be covered on createdigitalmusic.com.

To apply please submit:
1. Your name, as you'd like it to be listed
2. Your project name
3. If applicable, a link to a project site
4. Photos of your project (a link to Flickr, Picasa, blogs, etc. is fine)
5. (Mandatory) Video and or audio documentation of your project in action
(Vimeo, YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.)
6. Space requirements
7. Technical requirements (power / audio / safety concerns if applicable)
8. A brief description (two sentences is fine) of your project.
9. If you wish to propose a performance, please describe in short how you
perform with your tool.
10. Your contact information, so we may respond

The submission form is available online here:
http://cdm.fm/pt99dq

We prefer to capture information on the submission form, but if you have
difficulty with it, please email peter at createdigitalmedia.net directly with
the subject ‘STEIM HANDMADE MUSIC’