[chuck-users] vim script for live chucking

Vilson Vieira vilson at void.cc
Fri Dec 2 10:46:18 EST 2011

Hey Kassen and other Chuckists!

I think it is interesting to note we used an alternative approach
considering the sync between Renato and me. The sound was generated by
Renato using ChucK/Vim/Jack and by me using ChucK/Emacs/Jack without sync.
The audio from both of us was passed to a Pd patch running on a third
computer operated by Gilson Beck, another composer, part of the trio
(FooBarBaz). Gilson spatialized and mixed the audio generated by us with a
visual interface: the movements of his hands were tracked by a "color
tracker" implemented by Ricardo Fabbri on Pd/GEM and the x/y coordinates
defined the panning effects. On this way we could mix both audio in certain
times, creating a dialogue between my sound, Renato's sound and Gilson's.

Unfortunatelly I lost my laptop and all the codes within after the
presentation, but I used a screen similar to Renato's recorded screencasts,
using ChucK as a live sampler, similar to Thor's ixilang approach. A
snippet of the code was saved here: https://gist.github.com/1379142

I think Gilson can send you more details about his Pd patch and some videos
about the human body interface tracked by colors.

All the best.

--
Vilson Vieira

vilson at void.cc