[chuck-users] what is the status thingy

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Tue Dec 13 04:23:38 EST 2011

On 12/12/2011 03:03 AM, tempjayren at gmail.com wrote:

> csound might have been doing something that takes up a lot more power
> that my computer didn't have to give.

Just my .001 on csound vs chuck:

I always loved csound! It's well documented, and runs very, very
efficiently! I used it live for a couple of years as a midi controlled
softsynth. However I never finished a single composition in csound,
because of it's score format. With blue as a front end it gets a lot better.

I always loved chuck! It's also very well documented, but it's much
slower. I build a live system entirely in chuck, and played gigs with
it, but it was taxing my computer to the extend that the system became
unstable.

I'm now redoing my chuck system, but using renoise (closed source,
multi-platform tracker) as audio engine, controlled with OSC from chuck.
It looks really promissing, renoise is really fast, offers all those
nice gui things (crossfade samples, multi sampled instruments, a mixer,
lots of effects) and chuck offers... well everything else :-)

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk