[chuck-users] mod tracker style ChucK ugen, anyone interested?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 19:44:26 EST 2011

On 22/12/2011, Imre Kéri <sharp732 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I extended the chuck source code with a new unit generator what can be
> used to play sound samples in a way what is somewhat similar to
> "tracker" software like renoise, fast tracker, buzz etc.

For what it's worth; to me this sounds like a great idea. I see strong
similarities between the tracking way of synthesis; playing back
samples in certain ways where the timing of the commands is a inherent
part of how results are achieved and the things that are typical to
ChucK.
I think that "yes" this is interesting and should be worthwhile and
I'd be happy to help test. On the downside; I don't know when I'll get
round to that as there are celebrations these days, I'm working on a
few code projects with deadlines and there's some redecoration of a
performance space that I'm involved with too.... I do know that I'm
not the only ChucKist with a soft spot for trackers (some of those are
comfy with recompiles as well).

Aside from all of that; IMHO it is totally awesome that you created
something like this and would like to share. That in and of itself
deserves cheers!