[chuck-users] Using biquad...

Wolfgang Gil wolfgang.gil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 02:02:54 EST 2011

Hey guys

i'm working on a sampler that uses a simple equation system to determine
parameters of reverb, volume and pitch filtering. The goal is to emulate
'depth' using the idea that if a sound's source moves away from our ears, we
will perceive it as quieter and more diffused, with its high-pitch content
less present.

Motivated by this, I started to read about the biquad ugen, but i haven't
figured out how to deal with its coefficients so I can make something
interesting out of it.
My question is, how can i make a high cut filter that gradually reduces the
high-pitched content of the sound signal's spectrum, based on an input of
0-100?
(0 = no filtering, 100 = no high-pitch content)

thanks!