[chuck-users] Using biquad...

Tomtom girodt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 03:33:24 EST 2011

Hi

I did something a bit similar recently. My approach was to simply to apply a
decreasing exponential function on an input value to control the gain of a
sample and simulate distance.

Math.exp(-param * coef) will give you 1 for param=0, and progressively decrease
at a speed controled by coef.

Based on this, I guess all you have to do is to find the proper coefficients to
transform your decreasing parameter into a decreasing frequency for your
filter.

by the way, if you want to progressively cut the high frequencies, wouldn't it
be simpler to use a LPF filter ?

Tom

Excerpts from Wolfgang Gil's message of jeu. févr. 17 08:02:54 +0100 2011: