[chuck-users] clearing a delay line

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 09:45:56 EST 2011

On 28 February 2011 15:35, Casper Schipper <casper.schipper at gmail.com>wrote:

> I wondered if there is any method to clear the internal buffer of a Delay
> ugen (since I did find such a function in the STK-kit).

Hey Casper.

Try setting the max length again. I believe that should flush the buffer as
the memory is cleared and re-initialised. To do it without flushing you
could use LiSa as a delay. LiSa has a explicit clear function. Theoretically
speaking that might prevent memory fragmentation and should have a lower
performance cost (and you can ramp down before clearing to avoid clicks). In
practice I seem to remember that clearing LiSa can lead to some performance
costs too, though that might be related to my ongoing struggle with hard to
detect floating-point de-normalisation issues.

Hope that helps,