[chuck-users] clearing a delay line

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:50:17 EST 2011

Am I, BTW, the only one who would like to be able to flush filters?

By that I mean reset the variables holding the past few in and output values
so the filter is set to output a single value (being it's input) as though
it had been outputting that for a while. This becomes highly relevant when
we set LiSa to track a input, would like to smooth that input with a LPF and
also be able to wrap back to the beginning without that glitching due to the
smoothing. You can think of this like using pitch-control and scratching on
a locked-groove record. (locked grooves refer to records where the grooves
run in circles, instead of a in a single spiral like normally.) Currently
that's quite hard to accomplish; a "modulo" UGen would also do for this
purpose.