[chuck-users] Selecting Driver

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 09:28:58 EST 2011

On 31 December 2010 17:00, Tom Aizenberg <tom at tomaizenberg.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to select which driver for the soundcard I want to use? Like
> in Reason or Logic you can select the ASIO driver and change the
> buffersize...

Yes, using the "--dac[n]" option, where your choices will be listed after
using  " chuck --probe".

If you want ASIO (and if on Windows you likely will) this will be of
interest; http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-18931.html&postorder=asc

The second page of that topic has the latest, which is a bit out of date.

Ok, it's badly out of date, being from 2008. Just for the record; the "ASIO
patch" has been tested and can probably be assumed to be safe by now. The
"new" RTAudio version should fix the issues there, as well as a whole series
of questions about the various way of addressing audio under Linux.