[chuck-users] input gain analysis, LiSa example

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:11:36 EST 2011

> > I'll do it, but right now I'm in a bit of a fight with the OpenGL
> standard
> > concerning the dimensions of textures.
>
> Sorry, can't help ya there.  :)

I think the situation is under control now, though I do feel that OpenGL
looks more like a list of recommendations than like a real standard now.

> I wrote MIDI and OSC looper libraries for Processing, so I am familiar
> with the necessary functionality.

Base functionality isn't that hard, I think. What is hard about looping and
what makes some pedals worth the money is a really good interface

>  I'm not sure how to push LiSa's
> buttons though.

Fortunately "LiSa's buttons" are quite well documented in the /special/
directory of the ChucK examples. LiSa is absolutely wonderful, as far as
UGens go.

>  And has anyone written a Stack data structure for
> ChucK?  That would be useful for the undo/redo bits.

I think I'd use a array of arrays with two pointers. I've never done this
and am not sure about how this would fare performance-wise. I could imagine
a "sample" data-type that SndBuf and LiSa could read from and write to, with
memory buffering.