[chuck-users] (no subject)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:31:50 EST 2011

Hi, Bryan!

2011/1/29 bryan Eidel <bryan_eidel at att.net>

> having some issues with mini audicle want to know why when i run virtual
> machine it says shred hanging and dont know why have deleted re downloaded
> and it  wont let me add a shred to virtual machine can anyone help me

Yes, we can probably help you.

A few things are still unclear to me. Either can you send a shred to the VM
and it gets stuck after that or you can't send a shred at all. I'd like to
know which one it is. Maybe both happened? If you don't mind me saying so;
your mail is a bit hard to read and if at all possible I'd like to ask you
to please use some punctuation because that will make it a lot easier to
understand your problem. No need for formal letters, just make things a bit
clear.

One factor is the exact contents of the file you'd like to use. Can you tell
me what happens if you try to run this?;

SinOsc s => dac;
second => now;

That should give you a beep that lasts one second. If not I'd like to know
what error you get.

Another thing to consider is that ChucK code should run on Linux, OSX and
Windows in the same way but as soon as things stop working the OS that you
use can matter. If you use Linux I'd also like to know whether you use Jack,
Alsa or OSS. Please tell us about that and the exact errors (if any) that
you get. It would also help to share what code you were trying to run