[chuck-users] chuck on os x 10.7 (lion)

Hans Aberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Sat Jul 23 11:56:42 EDT 2011

On 23 Jul 2011, at 17:20, Kassen wrote:

> > So It will be RTAudio issue.
>
> Seems to be more than that -- a number of languages (supercollider, max/msp, etc.) are having similar issues.  So it's not just Chuck.
>

> Those too may well use RTAudio, it's a popular library for cross-platform media applications.

A search for
  RtApiCore: No supported sample rates found for OS-X device
gives
  https://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/256a/lectures/3a/Delayed/RtAudio.cpp
which contains
  // RtAudio: Version 3.0.3 (18 November 2005)

The one that chuck-1.2.1.3 uses is in fact older:
  // RtAudio: Version 3.0.2 (14 October 2005)

> I do agree with Hans that we could use a update there, that would also benefit Windows users (for ASIO) and Linux (no need to pick between OSS, ALSA and Jack when they build ChucK).

So it looks as though it is this package that needs to be updated.

Hans