[chuck-users] MIDI Forwarding?

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:28:39 EDT 2011

Check out MidiPipe on the Mac. Works great for this kind of stuff:

http://web.mac.com/nicowald/SubtleSoft/MidiPipe.html

I've dabbled some with midi in ChucK, and if you're just interested in basic
note on/offs and CC messages it works fine. For other stuff, especially midi
clock, it's less useful.

/Stefan

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Jonas Zeleninsky <mrqwaxgo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Another idea -> Try to look into Audio MIDI setting (in Utilities). There
> "Show MIDI" and simply connect the output of the keyboard to output of your
> midi interface (or whatever your desired setup is).
>
> On 26.7.2011, at 15:32, Johnathan Bell wrote:
>
> > ... I'm on a Mac. Looking for something free, I'd rather not have to pay
> for it if I can... especially considering buying Ableton ($500 USD) is
> overkill for just *one* feature. Does Jack work on a Mac?
> >
> > - Johnathan
> >
> > On Jul 26, 2011, at 8:32 AM, Tomtom wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Depending on your operating system, there are probably MIDI forwarding
> tools
> >> that would allow you to do that without ChucK. I've never used it, but
> you
> >> might want to have a look at MIDI Yoke [1] if you are using windows. On
> >> GNU/Linux, Jack [2] allows you route MIDI messages between ins and outs.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >>
> >> tom
> >>
> >> [1] http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm
> >> [2] http://jackaudio.org/
> >>
> >> Excerpts from Johnathan Bell's message of mar. juil. 26 14:21:58 +0200
> 2011:

> achieve a cheaper and better solution using ChucK ...

> computer,
> keyboard does
> directly
> could
> go-between?
> then
> thinking...

Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!