[chuck-users] Rock Band Wireless Keyboard: is it any good?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue May 10 20:11:41 EDT 2011

> Guitars with a MIDI output are quite rare and I'm not sure more
> "serious" models use Harmonic's strategy of having sensors in the
> neck. Hopefully that would get around some of the issues in the
> notoriously hard task of converting guitar notes into MIDI ones with
> low latency yet accurate pitch. I'm not sure any of the professional
> alternatives do that, it sounds clever to me.

     It's a good idea. I have a Zeta Mirror 6 guitar (out of production)
which has every fretwire connected to an internal computer. When you
press a string to a fret it completes a circuit, and the guitar knows
what notes you're playing before you pluck the strings. Works great.

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume