[chuck-users] How To convert integer number to float number on max msp

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 15 07:14:37 EDT 2011

Hey Tony!

>  Would you give me solution for my problem about converting integer number
> to float number.

I can try, but I don't have Max.

>  asoy $ float => float asik; //convert int to float (

That part looks fine to me.

>  asik => m.floatout// send data information to outlet chuck object on max
> msp

Shouldn't this be like;

 asik => m.floatout; // send data information to outlet chuck object on max
msp

Notice the added ";"

If you don't need those variables elsewhere you may also be able to save
some memory and will certainly save some code by simply doing;

Std.rand2(24, 35) $ float => m.floatout;

Assuming m.floatout() only takes a float as a argument the cast should
actually be implicit and you will likely get away with this;

Std.rand2(24, 35) => m.floatout; //being lazy is nice.

Hope that helps,