[chuck-users] ChucKchat8

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:59:57 EDT 2011

On 17 May 2011 16:26, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> > Hmm, no response from the group yet...
>
>      I am strongly in favor of this. :)

Me too. If this aims in the direction I think it does then this kind of
thing is where I believe performative coding is (or should be) heading,
especially because with a chat interface people from around the world who
might normally experience a language barrier (not to mention a geographical
one!) could play together. In different ways a few systems (including
Craig's) seem to be heading partially in this direction but I think yours it
out of the door and in the open as one of the first, Les. The potential for
integration with internet radio seems especially strong to me.

I'd be all over this if it weren't for a upcoming gig for which I'll need a
lot of practice as well as some other unrelated but important issues that
will take a lot of my time in the near future. I can't afford to play with
this as much as I'd like right now, but that doesn't mean I don't find it
very exciting. Personally I would like to have another look at the Audicle
and probably the related GLucK project and add a chat/networked-jamming
(inter)face, possibly involving stuff like hooks to XMPP (the chat interface
that Gmail, Facebook and Jabber use and that many phones support). There are
libraries for that, if the current network interface won't stretch that far,
when I have some time again I'd like to help.

You're on (one of) the right track(s), Les!