[chuck-users] Internet Jam Suggestion

john saylor js0000 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:53:07 EDT 2011

hi

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Les Hall <lester.hall at comcast.net> wrote:
> In a similar way, perhaps we should not be attempting to defeat the lag monster, but rather to create novel musical jamming techniques that operate within the timing constraints of the web.

yes, i think this is a much better kind of approach.

it's like in a mario game when he is swimming- the controls do not
respond so rapidly, and there is the notion of momentum too. even
though [up until this point] improvising musicians have been all
walking that ultra-present wire, maybe interesting music can be made
where there is a delay between doing something and having it affect
the flow of music.

keep on doing!

--
\js : "verbing weirds language." -calvin  [http://or8.net/~johns/]