[chuck-users] Setting LPF Q or Freq to very high or low values causes bad sounds...

Johnathan Bell enigma.0za at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:57:38 EDT 2011

I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or what, but (for instance) if I set up a SawOsc => LPF => DAC and set the LPF's Q to something very low (< 0.05) with the Osc set to a frequency of 440Hz, there is some kind of blow-your-ears-out high gain garbage that comes out of the speakers... Does anyone know if (1) this is normal and (2) what are normal (sane) values for this? I get the same kind of behavior if I set the cutoff frequency to something > 12000ish.

- JB