[chuck-users] Best way to sync two laptops

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:04:13 EST 2011

On 16/11/2011, Vilson Vieira <vilson at void.cc> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yes, it is possible to create a point-to-point network btw the two laptops.
> So we can use OSC to send message btw the them. In general, we need the
> "now" at the two ChucK process being the "same". We need to sync the shreds
> pulse.

Yes, that seems to be the way it should "intuitively" work, I agree.
As it stands this will only be true if and only if both VM's were
started at the same moment. Theoretically you could accomplish that,
but that means no restarting of a single VM after a crash.

I remember some work was being done on a new syncing system at -I
think- Princeton. If I remember correctly there would also be a
investigation of how this syncing might be made compattible with the
Netclock initiative ( http://netclock.slab.org/ ). Netclock, to
refresh, is a initiative hoping to provide sync between a range of
systems (SC, PD, with Fluxus support planned and hopefully ChucK will
join) for exactly this kind of use.

Were there any results of that?