[chuck-users] Android port

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 04:45:17 EDT 2011

On 4 October 2011 03:35, Christopher Van Kirk <christopher.vankirk at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I've been
> googling for a while now and haven't been able to find an answer to this
> question. Navigating the archive is a challenge without a search feature.
>
> Anyway, my question is this. Has anyone ported ChucK's VM to Android? Just
> looking at the code it seems as though it might compile..is there any reason
> why one should not use it on the Android platform?
>
> Hey Christopher!

First; the list archive has been indexed by Google, you should be able to
search it with the advanced search, requesting only results from that site.

Secondly; I never heard of anyone trying this, but that doesn't mean it
might not be a good idea; SuperCollider has a iPod version (as does PD, I
think) and Fluxus now runs on Android too... Why wouldn't ChucK? I think
you'd be the first to try and that trying would be really cool, on the
downside; I'm not sure how much support you could expect as there wouldn't
be a lot of knowledge on this out there.

I'm curious about this though so I hope you'll document your progress if you
do decide to go for this.