[chuck-users] granular synthesis in chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:35:20 EDT 2011

2011/10/19 konstantinos vasilakos <konstantinos.vasilakos at gmail.com>

> Hello guys, thanks for the response(even my messed up e-mail i can see now,
> propably it was because I was in the middle of crashing the chuck and going
> to supermarket to buy dinner ),

:-)

> about chuck running in the terminal, I could't find out actually how to run
> it, so I am using the miniAudicle, although I would like to make it working
> through the terminal!

There is a brief tutorial here; http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/build/
It comes down to copying the chuck executable to a location that is in your
terminal's "path", which means that you will be able to use it like any
other command there.

It's a bit hard to know how to explain this to you when I don't know how
familiar you are with the terminal. Did you use it before? If not it might
make sense to look up a short tutorial about the OSX terminal and then go
read that link. With a brief tutorial on topics like navigating directories
and copying files you should be just fine, knowing a bit about the terminal
will be helpful to you in everyday life anyway, so that's not lost time.