[chuck-users] granular synthesis in chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:08:13 EDT 2011

On 19 October 2011 23:44, Spencer Salazar <spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu>wrote:

> Kassen/Vilson,
>
> This beta is indeed compilable on Linux, however for mini you will
> need some additional dependencies.

Great, that I can deal with.

> The main reason for putting
> together a formal "beta" this release cycle was to address some
> critical bugs in Mac OS X Lion.

Of course. That makes total sense, especially looking at the environment
ChucK is used in educationally. However I'd say that the current state on
Linux has some very serious usability issues. Mind you; they look to me as
though they are not "big" bugs, just ones that make usage difficult compared
to -say- nano and a pair of terminals. I love my nano but I think we can do
better than that.

> These will give you read-only copies of the source. We are happy to
> have people testing and submitting patches (ideally relatively simple
> ones, at least), so have at it!

That's the spirit! Patches go to the -dev list, I'll asume.

Let me say how happy I am that we're all getting back in a bit more
developmental mode.