[chuck-users] Problems with running ChucK in terminal (Windows 7 64-bit): no sound!

chriswicks crwicks at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 17:01:39 EDT 2012

I misspoke, I wasn't running as admin, I was running as a user (but with full privileges).  It is strange about the sound card, I agree..  I figured if anything it would be a much better solution than my on-board audio.  Perhaps I'll try to figure it out over the Summer when I've got a little time to spare. :)  I still get some strange output using ChucK -v --loop in Windows but it all seems to resolve itself and it works, considerably better than it did on my previous installation.  I don't know why, but as I'm sure many of you know, sometimes the best route is to start from scratch with a fresh install.  BTW, as far as Linux is concerned, ChucK utilizing JACK built from source is AWESOME.  Works amazingly well, and the Linux environs just feel better when working in a terminal, although I don't use Mac so I can't compare the two.  Now, if only someone would port Cinder to Linux I wouldn't have to use ChucK on Windows at all...:)