[chuck-users] LiSa looping issue

Matt Bard mattthestrat at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:30:24 EDT 2012

Gentlemen,

Here is the shortest snippet I could write to generate the issue:

adc => LiSa looper => dac;
1::minute => looper.duration;
1 => looper.record;
100::ms => now;
0 => looper.record;
1::minute => looper.duration;

I get no errors specifically from ChucK (even if I put an infinite while loop in there to advance time)... ChucK will just hang out for as long as I'll let it.

However, here is the response from Jack:

subgraph starting at qjackctl timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17, status = 0, state = Running, pollret = 0 revents = 0x0)
bad status (1) for client ChucK handling event (type = 8)
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.143 msecs

So, it looks like an xrun.  The laptop I'm using is pretty dang old... is it possible that the low amount of RAM and slower processor could be causing this?

-Matt