[chuck-users] waveform generation by function

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:23:02 EDT 2012

On 05/08/2012, Sample Hampton <zaphod4007 at aol.com> wrote:
> Users,

Hey Sample,

> What is the best way to do waveform generation--one sample at time of
> course--with math functions?  First I tried chucking a variable straight
> to the dac, but it didn't take.  Then I tried chucking a variable to the
> value of a Step, and chucking the Step to the dac. That did work, and
> below I have a simple lpf'ed sawtooth going.  Is there, however, a more
> conventional and direct way of doing this?

No, I think this is about it. You can also use Impulse, instead of Step,
but for your usage it doesn't make much difference.
I'd say this is already quite direct, your code is compact and clear,
isn't this good enough? I suppose writing numbers straight to the dac
would be even more compact, but that would als make things a bit more
ambiguous.