[chuck-users] chuck vs supercollider?

Michael Clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:19:03 EDT 2012

Hey All,

FWIW, I often take advantage of both systems in a piece.  Sometimes I'll create a bunch of synths in SC that can be triggered by OSC and use Chuck as a score language.  If I'm doing a lot of string/data processing, then I'll use Python to trigger them.  But that's part of my practice, since many of my pieces involve interesting bits of hardware, I have to utilize OSCulator, SC, Chuck, and Puredata all for one piece of music.

So, for the sake of completeness, I'll back the notion that you don't actually have to make an exclusive choice between environments.  ;)  The right tool for the job, right?

-Mike

--
Michael Clemow

http://michaelclemow.com