[chuck-users] chuck vs supercollider?

David Ogborn ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Sun Aug 12 10:33:21 EDT 2012

A quick and fun way to work with Chuck in a distributed model is to form a laptop orchestra!

Yours truly,
David

On 2012-08-12, at 10:15 AM, Kassen wrote:
> On 12 August 2012 10:28, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
>> I seem to remember Ge saying something like "first we make it work, *then*
>> we make it fast", however development of chuck stopped before the last part
>> was started :-(
>
> I don't think it "stopped" as such, there has been some activity, for
> example the "Chugins" that we know are in the pipeline.
> Because of that I'd place the focus on a lack of communication,  but I
> can see where you are coming from :-/.
>
> Making stuff "fast" while keeping all of the benefits we talked about
> above may not be that simple, even. Particularly not now that "fast"
> has come to mean "using multi-threading". Then again; that might be
> good. That makes it a interesting problem to work on (good for
> programmers) and I'd say there would be a paper or two in a solution
> (good for researchers).
>
> For less structural issues I'd just like to refer back to my notes on
> a distributed model as a way of taking away some of that dev-time
> bottleneck. I said enough about that, there's a line between friendly
> advice at times and non-stop whining :-)
>
> Yours,
> Kas.

Dr. David Ogborn, Assistant Professor
Communication Studies & Multimedia
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra & ESP Studio
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada

ogbornd --at-- mcmaster.ca
http://davidogborn.net
http://twitter.com/ogbornd