[chuck-users] chuck vs supercollider?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:52:57 EDT 2012

Perry;

>   Roger
> Dannenberg even was swayed, stating that ChucK isn't that inefficient,
> especially given the power it gives the programmer.

Yes, true. I found performance is quite comparable to other synths
that don't use block-processing. There are some, even in conventional
plugin formats. Or you can find it when a program emulates a synth
that uses RISC cpu. None of those -that I saw- will let you get as
detailed about your own ways of sound generation as ChucK, especially
not without loading external pre-prepared objects.

Philosophically speaking I'd also say that if you can head towards
your goal in a more straightforward way you are likely to need less
parts stacked on top of each other.

That said, I'm also excited about the idea of conditionally using
block processing where we can. That would be a new perspective on it
all. I don't think it's been done before and I'd like to see this
happen or see where the issues are.