[chuck-users] soft kill

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 18:18:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I was having some fun with delays in ChucK when I should have been
paying attention in a meeting and ran into something I may have asked
about before -- is there (or should there be) any way any way to soft
kill a shred, either by ramping down its gain or by waiting until the
shred is no longer sending output to dac?  If I

$ chuck - 1

something that is running it kills it immediately, and if I don't
advance time long enough explicitly at the end of a delay example, the
nice feedback tail gets abruptly cut off.  E.g.

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/examples/mfm2.ck  (doesn't
require LiCK to run)

   michael