[chuck-users] WvOut: writes soundfile, but always silent

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 10:22:52 EDT 2012

Same here. I can't get WvOut to work in chimera on Linux. Simple example
which works on 1.2.1.3:

Noise n => dac => WvOut rec => blackhole;
0.25 => n.gain;
"rec_test" => rec.wavFilename;
2::second => now;
rec.closeFile();

but with 1.3.0.0 I have to abort with ctrl+c and get:

chuck: chuck_oo.cpp:125: void Chuck_VM_Object::release(): Assertion
`m_ref_count > 0' failed.

and silent audio file. No success with WvOut2 either.

Different issue, but I also get this often when chuck is exiting:
     terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'
     Aborted (core dumped)
(the chirp.ck example in the basic folder always gives this error)

Joel