[chuck-users] WvOut: writes soundfile, but always silent

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 28 12:29:54 EDT 2012

Hey Nick/Joel,

It looks like 1.3.0.0 introduced a few problems with WvOut. Im going
to post a bugfix release later today, but for now you can work around
the issues by modifying your example like so:

Noise whitenoise => dac;
whitenoise => WvOut waveOut => blackhole;
0.5 => whitenoise.gain;
"testchuckoutput"=>waveOut.aifFilename;
// undocumented fileGain parameter sets output gain of resulting audio file
1 => waveOut.fileGain;
2::second => now;
// waveOut.closeFile();
// dont explicitly close file; file implicitly closed at shred exit

Let me know if there are any additional questions/confusions in this
regard, and thanks for letting us know about this!

spencer