[chuck-users] problems with chubgraphs

Robin Haberkorn robin.haberkorn at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:36:39 EDT 2012

On 30/08/12 14:27, Robin Haberkorn wrote:
> The point is that you will need that code in virtually every Chubgraph
> implementation so it should be the default. As a workaround I will
> define some ChubgraphStd class I will use as a base class for new
> Chubgraphs.

for the people who are interested in the new ChucK features. I'm now
using all of them in my little project.
https://github.com/rhaberkorn/digitale-debutanten

 * lib/ChugraphStd.ck is the aforementioned Chubgraph base class
 * lib/SampOsc.ck and lib/ClipperGraph.ck are Chubgraphs
 * lib/ClipperGen.ck is a Chugen
 * finally chugins/Clipper.cpp is a Chugin signal clipper.

Using the Clipper implementations (a very basic task) you can quite
impressively see the differences.
A single ClipperGraph connected to dac, results in about 7% more Jack
DSP load on my computer. The ClipperGen needs ~14%!!!
And the Chugin Clipper results in almost no additional DSP load.

So thanks for your help and patience.

cheers,
Robin