[chuck-users] problems with chubgraphs

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:46:03 EDT 2012

Robin;

> setting the gain of a UGen casted to UGen usually works,

Makes sense as that is one of the members they all have in common; I'd
like to know about situations where it didn't.

> but above example segfaults. It doesn't for a direct
> "Chubgraph"-instance. So I guess it is a bug in ChucK's class system.

Likely. Barring structural evidence it seems to me that ChucK's type
system has particular issues with objects that have multiple types.
"foo" might be a object, a UGen, a Filter and a LPF, all at the same
time. We should be able to -legally- cast it up and down that
hierarchy but this sometimes goes wrong, particularly when as in your
example, it is also a element of a array.

That's gut-feeling based on experience, it might be way off in the
face of a formal analysis (TODO :-) )