[chuck-users] embedding ChucK, and Windows8, ARM, etc.

Aurélien Bondis abondis at kerunix.com
Wed Dec 5 15:15:53 EST 2012

Hi,

for part 1) I don't really know.

2) don't know about it's future, but I just discovered it and found it
really easy to use (for my needs), tried PD before but was too
complicated for meeting. So I wish chuck to live long :)

3) I use chuck on a Raspberry Pi. It works well but I'm not sure about
realtime or anything. I was not able to make jack work with the RPi so I
just use ALSA for now, so maybe more latency then possible.
Archlinux for ARM has chuck ready to use for ARM
procs. Also, I use python to make the bridge between GPIOs and send OSC
events to my chuck running on localhost, had no issues.
My whole thing uses 34MB of RAM and about 40-50% CPU, not realtime but
responsive enough for my needs.

A.